Why Georgia Furniture Mart?
Founded in 1986, the idea behind Georgia Furniture Mart was simple; offer an incredible value on quality furnishings at the absolute lowest prices while providing friendly, expert service that makes the customer feel like family. Now one of the fastest-growing furniture retailers in the country, Georgia Furniture Mart has built a strong reputation providing the Greater Metro Atlanta area with quality home furnishings, bedding, and accessories at a guaranteed lowest price. We are one of the Nation’s top 100 furniture stores and are looking for professionals to help us spread our philosophy of improving lives and making customers feel like family. In addition, we foster a fun atmosphere, family environment and offer an excellent benefits package.
As a Dispatcher, you will interact with a variety of diverse individuals. This position is responsible for ensuring the needs and expectations of the customer’s delivery process are satisfied. One must have a strong ability to multitask and perform general office duties. This position operates on three primary levels; pre-delivery, delivery, and post-delivery. Those in this position provide help to customers with conflicting schedules, using various creative strategies to maintain a quality customer experience. They communicate to the customer in a courteous and empathetic manner to resolve timing and/or product discrepancies. The ability to connect with the customer in a non-intrusive way while creating trust and displaying delivery knowledge is critical in this position. Georgia Furniture Mart is dedicated to giving the customer an overall exceptional customer-friendly shopping experience. The delivery team is the heart of our success, implementing the customer’s expectation of treatment for current deliveries while increasing the likelihood of future shopping experiences.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provide exceptional delivery service and demonstrate courtesy and professionalism while serving the customer at all times.
- Responsible for keeping records, monitoring driver daily logs for errors or violations.
- Monitor remaining hours of service for both the drivers and the availability of equipment.
- Coordinate and manage the most efficient loads to maintain cost-effective practices as a company.
- Communicate with appropriate departments to ensure that all orders satisfy sales order submission requirements.
- Identify and evaluate any special needs for each load.
- Perform general office duties such as answering phones, manipulating sales orders, running reports, and informing customers of delivery time frame, along with the ability to multitask.
- Handle all minor delivery complaints by telephone, email, or in person.
- Be a reliable point of contact for drivers en route.
- Ensure compliance with DOT regulations and company policy.
- Increase personal growth in transportation and logistics by reading relevant material, participating in group training, and being flexible with obtaining new material and procedures.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required
- Must have intermediate math, reading, and writing skills
- Friendly, upbeat personality, positive attitude
- Ability to quickly learn and use dispatching software required
- Strong customer service skills
- Two years of experience in transportation or logistics is a plus
- One year or more of experience in customer service
- One year or more of experience in high paced environment preferred
- Basic knowledge in the details of dispatching is important
- Spontaneous and creative problem-solving abilities
- Strong logistical skills and ability to work as a team player
- Must be self-motivated, goal-driven, and work efficiently without supervision
- Must be highly organized
- Proficiency in basic computer skills, including email and Microsoft Office programs, required
- Dependable regular attendance is required, along with the ability to work a flexible retail schedule which can include evenings, weekends, and holidays
- English/ Spanish bilingual is a plus
$18.00 per hour
401k with company match, health, vision, life, and dental insurance, employee discounts on furniture and more!
Georgia Furniture Mart is one of the largest and fastest-growing furniture retailers in the South East with a strong reputation in the Metro-Atlanta area. One of the keys to our success is our employees’ professional development throughout their time with us. As a result, we regularly invest in our employees through training, leadership development, and advancement opportunities.
As we continue to expand, Georgia Furniture Mart grows our family with members of different cultures, personalities, and backgrounds and recognizes that our inclusive culture of love and respect is critical to our success. We do not discriminate in hiring based on race, color, gender, national origin, ancestry, religion, physical or mental disability, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy, or any other factor protected by anti-discrimination laws.
One of the best parts of being a local business is the continued involvement and opportunity to give back to our communities. As a company and as employees, GFM regularly engages in various initiatives and relationships such as thanking local heroes, The Boys & Girls Club of Atlanta, The Jeffrey Campbell Evans Foundation, The Atlanta Mission, and more!