Why Georgia Furniture Mart?
Founded in 1986, the idea behind Georgia Furniture Mart was simple; offer an incredible value on quality furnishings at the absolute lowest prices while providing friendly, expert service that makes the customer feel like family. Now one of the fastest-growing furniture retailers in the country, Georgia Furniture Mart has built a strong reputation providing the Greater Metro Atlanta area with quality home furnishings, bedding, and accessories at a guaranteed lowest price. We are one of the Nation’s top 100 furniture stores and are looking for professionals to help us spread our philosophy of improving lives and making customers feel like family. In addition, we foster a fun atmosphere, family environment and offer an excellent benefits package.
As a Delivery Manager, you will interact directly with our Delivery teams and Customers to provide excellent service in the transportation and handling of the wide variety of furniture goods we offer. Since every delivery situation is different and has its challenges, you will need to demonstrate and provide creative delivery solutions and accommodations for our customers’ needs. The Delivery department is a cornerstone of our customers’ buying experience, and we are dedicated to giving the customer exceptional customer-friendly shopping and delivery experience unlike no other. Enhancing the Customer experience is at the core of our success and sets the customer’s expectation of treatment for current and future shopping experiences. This passion for serving others sets us apart from competitors and increases our company’s growth and reputation.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Monitor all deliveries and routes in Dispatch Track
- Direct distribution center operation to ensure achievement of production, accuracy and time tables are met
- Direct all incoming and outgoing delivery functions.
- Supervise and train distribution department personnel in roles and responsibilities
- Provide experienced routing logic and creation
- Resolve problems concerning transportation, logistics systems, and customer issues
- Conduct morning stand-ups and communicate daily goals and opportunities
- Ensure safety processes and procedures are followed
- Assist in design and recommendation in creating policies and procedures for distribution department
- Maintain and analyze reports such as: process documents, customer service logs, training logs, Maintain DOT compliance and safety records
- Work with executive leaders on ensuring company objectives are met.
- Oversee staffing needs
- Interact with Store Management, Customer Service and other departments on daily basis
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- Minimum 6 years previous logistical/facility management experience
- Highly proficient with routing, dispatching and utilizing logistical software. Experience in Dispatch Track is preferred
- Expertise in logistics management procedures and best practices
- Understanding DOT laws and accurate record keeping
- Outstanding customer service skills with consistent follow-up/follow through ability
- Interpersonal communication skills necessary to engage and satisfy customers
- Basic computer and data entry skills
- General knowledge of basic math and financial terms
- Bilingual ability preferred (English/Spanish)
- Ability to work days, evenings, holidays and weekends as part of a flexible and accommodating retail work schedule
- Proficiency with balancing multiple priorities in a high-energy environment
- Highly organized with a strong work ethic and desire to learn
Salary + Bonus Opportunity (based on experience and knowledge level)
401k with company match, health, vision, life, and dental insurance, employee discounts on furniture and more!
Georgia Furniture Mart is one of the largest and fastest-growing furniture retailers in the South East with a strong reputation in the Metro-Atlanta area. One of the keys to our success is our employees’ professional development throughout their time with us. As a result, we regularly invest in our employees through training, leadership development, and advancement opportunities.
As we continue to expand, Georgia Furniture Mart grows our family with members of different cultures, personalities, and backgrounds and recognizes that our inclusive culture of love and respect is critical to our success. We do not discriminate in hiring based on race, color, gender, national origin, ancestry, religion, physical or mental disability, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy, or any other factor protected by anti-discrimination laws.
One of the best parts of being a local business is the continued involvement and opportunity to give back to our communities. As a company and as employees, GFM regularly engages in various initiatives and relationships such as thanking local heroes, The Boys & Girls Club of Atlanta, The Jeffrey Campbell Evans Foundation, The Atlanta Mission, and more!