Nominate them in our contest to give them the opportunity to win a dream bedroom valued up to $3,000*
Nominate them in our contest to give them the opportunity to win a dream bedroom valued up to $3,000*
*Merchandise + Delivery Click on [+Rules] below .
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Nominees must be legal residents of the U.S. who reside within a 50 mile radius of Georgia Furniture Mart Showroom located at 6694 Dawson Blvd, Norcross, GA 30093 or at 860 Cobb Place Blvd. NW #160 Kennesaw, GA 30144, and are 18 and older. Nominators must be legal residents of 50 U.S./DC, 18 and older. Void where prohibited. Begins 12:00 AM ET on 10/3/22; ends at 11:59 PM ET on 10/31/22. Contest is sponsored by Georgia Furniture Mart. See Official Rules for details.
GEORGIA FURNITURE MART’S
SLEEP BEAUTIFULLY TONIGHT – DREAM BEDROOM CONTEST
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER.
1. CONTEST PERIOD: Georgia Furniture Mart’s Sleep Beautifully Tonight – Dream Bedroom Contest (“Contest”) begins at 12:00 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) on October 3, 2022 and ends at 11:59 p.m. ET on October 31, 2022 (“Contest Period”).
2. ELIGIBILITY: To be eligible to nominate a Nominee (defined below), nominators must be legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia, who are at least 18 years of age or older as of date of entry. Nominees (as defined below) must be legal residents of the United States who reside within a 50-mile radius of the Georgia Furniture Mart Showroom (as determined by Sponsor) located at 6694 Dawson Boulevard, Norcross, GA 30093 and at 860 Cobb Place Blvd. NW #160 Kennesaw, GA 30144 and must be 18 years of age at time of nomination and prize award (“Nominee”). You may nominate yourself. Regardless if someone is nominating him/herself or if he/she is nominating someone else, for purposes of the Contest and these Official Rules, the person submitting the Entry (as defined below) is considered the “Entrant” or “Nominator” and his/her entry is deemed the “Entry,” as further defined below. If you are a minor in your state of residence, please make your parent or legal guardian aware you are entering this Contest and obtain his/ her consent. For purposes of clarification, an Entrant may also be a Nominee, as long as he/she meets the eligibility requirements. Void where prohibited by law. Employees of Georgia Furniture Mart (“Sponsor”) and its subsidiaries, parent, divisions, promotional partners, agencies, affiliates, advertising, and promotion agencies and the immediate family members of their employees or those residing in the same household are not eligible. Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws.
3. HOW TO ENTER: During the Contest Period, the Nominator may visit gafurnituremart.com (the “website”) and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the entry form and submit an essay of 250 words or less that describes a local hero who went above and beyond in their community and deserves to “Sleep Beautifully Tonight” (collectively, “Entry”). On the Entry form, the Nominator must identify the Nominee’s first name, last name, gender, address, city, state, county, phone, email, date of birth and any other additional details requested. If you are nominating someone other than yourself, please make the Nominee aware that you are nominating him/her for this Contest and confirm that he/she agrees to be nominated. By providing his/her consent, the Nominee agrees to the terms and conditions set forth in these Official Rules.
The online/website form is the ONLY form of entry accepted.
There is a limit of three (3) Entries per person/email address for the entire Entry Period; however, each Entry must depict a unique nomination/individual. Entries must be in English. Entries must be in compliance with the Content Guidelines below. All components of an Entry must be submitted together at one time in the same online session however, Entries submitted on a different day must consist of a unique Entry. Duplicate submissions will be disqualified. Entries may be submitted by one Entrant only and Entrants are not permitted to create a team and submit an Entry together. Entries must also describe an individual and not a group or team. For the purposes of this Contest, a “day” is defined as beginning at 12:00 a.m. ET each day and ending at 11:59 p.m. ET each day. All Entries must be received by 11:59 p.m. ET on October 31, 2022 to be eligible.
All Entries must comply with the below Entry Requirements to be eligible. Any Entry that violates this section or is otherwise objectionable (as determined solely by Sponsor), will not be considered and will be disqualified.
Essay may depict, identify and otherwise reference individuals, other than the Nominee, provided that (a) such individuals are involved in the Nominee’s efforts and (b) Entrant secures the written consent of each such individual (if individual is a minor in his/her jurisdiction of residence, such individual’s parent or legal guardian) prior to submission of Entry with the understanding that Sponsor may condition the Nominee being declared a potential finalist (“Finalist”) upon Entrant timely providing Sponsor or its agent with satisfactory written proof of securing such written consent(s).
Entry must be your original work (modification of an original work is not an original work). Entries must not copy or otherwise plagiarize from any source.
Entries must be in English.
The Entry must not have been submitted previously in a Contest or promotion of any kind or previously exhibited or displayed publicly (i.e., disclosed beyond your immediate circle of friends and family) through any means.
Entry must be in keeping with Sponsor’s image and may not be offensive, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
Any Entry deemed inappropriate or unsuitable, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, will be disqualified. Entries must not contain material that is inappropriate, indecent, profane, obscene, hateful, tortious, defamatory, slanderous, libelous (including words or symbols that are widely considered offensive to individuals of a certain race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, or socioeconomic group), violent, self-mutilating (e.g., relating to murder, the sales of weapons, cruelty, abuse, etc.), or illegal (e.g., underage drinking, substance abuse, computer hacking, etc.).
The Entry must not contain or depict material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination, including without limitation, discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age. The Entry must not contain or depict material that is threatening to any person, place, business, group, or world peace or contain words or symbols that are widely considered offensive to individuals of a certain race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, or socioeconomic group.
The Entry must not contain any content that infringes or may infringe third party rights, including, without limitation, any copyright, name, trademark, logo, trade dress, or other personal or proprietary right of any person living or deceased (including but not limited to rights of privacy or publicity or portrayal in a false light) or entity or make reference to any commercial/corporate advertising (including but not limited to corporate logos, brand names, charities, slogans, political, or religious statements), or be otherwise objectionable. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, publicly displayed and publicly accessible Sponsor content, materials, or products are permitted to be displayed in Entries submitted for this Contest.
The Entry must not include any representation of celebrities, athletes, musicians, or any other third-party (public or private), include any anti-social, political or religious groups, any commercial solicitation or promotional materials or name, address, phone number, or URL address. Entries must not contain advertisements, personal solicitations or commercial solicitations.
Automated, script, macro or robotic Entries will be disqualified.
The Entry must not contain viruses, Trojan horses, worms, bots, spyware or any other computer code that is intended to damage, interfere with, or surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or information.
Entrants and all submitted Entries must be in keeping with Sponsor’s image as determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion, or Entry may be disqualified from the Contest. The Entry must not disparage Sponsor or persons or organizations associated with Sponsor.
Any Entry not in compliance with the above and which does not meet the Website’s requirements will be disqualified.
Initial Judging Round/Finalist Determination, Public Voting, and Grand Prize Winner Determination:
Initial Judging Round to Determine up to three (3) Finalists: At the conclusion of the Contest Entry Period, All eligible Entries will be judged by a panel of experts under the supervision of the Sponsor based on the following criteria: Appropriateness of Essay to Contest theme (35%); Level of local hero impact as evidenced in Essay (35%); Originality & Creativity of Essay (20%); Overall quality of Essay (10%), to determine up to three (3) Finalist Entries (“Finalist Entries”). In the event of a tie, tied Entries will be re-judged based solely on most deserving of winning based on level of local hero impact as evidenced in Essay (100%). If more than one Entrant submits an Entry identifying the same Nominee, only one Entry may be a Finalist Entry. Only the Nominee associated with a winning Finalist Entry may be determined a Finalist and only Finalists may be considered to win the Grand Prize. Note that Sponsor reserves the right to select fewer than three (3) Entries as Finalist Entries if, in its sole discretion, it does not receive a sufficient number of eligible and qualified Entries and/or if fewer than three (3) potential Finalists return any paperwork requested within the required timeframe, as outlined below. Decisions of judges/Sponsor are final and binding with respect to all matters relating to this Contest.
Nominator/Finalist Notification: If an Entry is selected as a potential Finalist Entry, the Nominator and Nominee will be notified by the Sponsor via phone/email. Sponsor will make three (3) phone calls within a 48-hour period in an attempt to reach the potential Nominators/Finalists. Messages will not be left. Once the Nominator/Finalist has been contacted and verified over the phone, they will each be required to complete a Declaration of Liability/Publicity Release (where legal) and an Assignment of Rights (“Release”) within three (3) days of notification or potential Finalist may be disqualified and the Entry with the next highest score will be determined a potential Finalist Entry and the applicable Nominator/Nominee will be contacted, time permitting. If any alternate is determined a potential Finalist, then they will be contacted by Sponsor via phone/email and required to complete the Release and return it via email within forty-eight (48) hours or he/she may be disqualified. Sponsor may take videos and/or photos at the time of Finalist notification and/or at any subsequent Sponsor-specified events (“Footage”) and by completing the Release and Agreement, Nominators/Finalists agree that Sponsor may edit and use that Footage or portions of the Footage in any way they see fit. By completing the Release and Agreement, each Nominator/Finalist agrees that the applicable Entry and Footage (or portion thereof) may be posted online, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, to be viewed and voted on by members of the general public. Sponsor reserves the right to require potential Finalists to agree to provide information necessary to conduct a background check to confirm that he/she is an eligible Finalist as defined herein. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any potential Finalist if Sponsor determines in its sole discretion that awarding the prize to such potential Finalist might reflect negatively on Sponsor. Factors that would result in disqualification as a potential Finalist include, without limitation, any potential Finalist having been convicted of a felony or misdemeanor, being delinquent on a government ordered payment, such as child support, spousal support, alimony, tax payments, etc.
Public Voting: The Finalist Entries (or portion thereof), will be posted on or accessible from the Website for public voting beginning at 12:00 pm. ET on November 7, 2022 and ending at 11:59:59 p.m. ET on November 28, 2022 (the “Voting Period”). During the Voting Period, eligible individuals, as indicated below, can visit the Website and follow the online voting instructions to vote for their favorite Finalist Entry. However, Sponsor reserves the right to modify or delay the Voting Period by posting a notice to such effect on the Website. Sponsor will post Finalists’ Entries on the Website in a pattern, format, sequence or arrangement of Sponsor’s sole choosing, which may be varied one or more times by Sponsor or its agent. Posted Finalist Entries represent solely the opinions of Entrant, not those of Sponsor or Administrator. Sponsor and Administrator further disclaim any liability in conjunction with screening, reviewing or monitoring posted Finalist Entries/Footage. Limit one (1) vote per person/email address per day during the Voting Period. Voting will be restricted to legal residents of the 50 United States and D.C., who are 18 years of age or older as of date of voting.
Any attempt by an Entrant/Finalist/voter or other individual/entity to manipulate or undermine the integrity of the voting as determined by Sponsor/Administrator in its sole discretion may result in disqualification of the Finalist, with the understanding that disqualification shall not represent the sole remedy available to Sponsor. Votes received from any person or email address in excess of the stated limitation will be void. Entrants/Finalists are prohibited from obtaining votes by any fraudulent or inappropriate means, including, without limitation, offering prizes or other inducements to members of the public, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. The use of script, macro, or any other robotic or automatic devices for voting and any other means that subvert the voting process is prohibited, and Sponsor reserves the right to nullify all such votes and to block the responsible individual from voting.
d.) Grand Prize Winner Determination: At the conclusion of the Voting Period, the scores from the initial judging round will be combined with the public voting votes to determine the Grand Prize winner, subject to verification. The judges’ scores will determine 75% of a Finalist’s final score; the public vote will determine 25% of a Finalist’s’ final score. The Finalist with the highest combined scores (from Grand Prize judging and public voting) will be deemed the Grand Prize winner. In the event of a tie, the Finalist who received the highest score in the initial judging round will be deemed the winner of the Grand Prize. Being declared the Grand Prize winner is subject to validation and verification of eligibility and compliance with all terms and conditions set forth in these Official Rules. Decisions of Grand Prize Judges/Sponsor are final with respect to all matters relating to the Contest.
Grand Prize Winner Notification: The potential Grand Prize winning Nominee will be contacted via phone and/or email after the Grand Prize judging process is completed and the Voting Period has ended. The potential Grand Prize winner will then be required (except where prohibited by law) to sign and return via email/mail, a Grand Prize Acceptance Form/Assignment of Rights and a Publicity Release (where lawful) (“Grand Prize Required Forms”) within three (3) days of notification attempt (including weekends and/or holidays) or prize may be forfeited. Failure to return all Grand Prize Required Forms within three (3) days of issuance, the return of any notification as undeliverable or noncompliance with these Official Rules may result in the potential Grand Prize winner being disqualified and, at Sponsor’s discretion and the next highest scoring Finalist Entry may be determined the potential Grand Prize winner and notified, as outlined above.
5. TRANSFER OF RIGHTS: By submitting an Entry, Entrants acknowledge and agree that their Entries (including all information submitted as part of the Entry) become the property of the Sponsor, which thereby has the right to edit, adapt, modify, reproduce, promote and otherwise use Entries in any way it sees fit.
6. PRIZE TO BE AWARDED TO THE NOMINEE MENTIONED IN WINNING ENTRY; NO PRIZE WILL BE AWARDED TO ENTRANT. One (1) Grand Prize – A bedroom set and delivery of the winning Nominee’s choice chosen from the Georgia Furniture Mart Showroom at 6694 Dawson Blvd, Norcross GA 30093 or at 860 Cobb Place Blvd. NW #160 Kennesaw, GA 30144. Prize will be awarded in the form of a voucher valued at up to $3,000. Furniture delivery is included and will be arranged by Sponsor. Terms and conditions and expiration date on voucher apply. Winner will not receive any cash difference if the chosen bedroom furniture value is less than $3,000. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for undeliverable prize notification for any reason. By accepting a prize, winner grants consent to use of their name, photograph, likeness (if applicable) and Footage to be used for advertising and promotion purposes without additional compensation, except where prohibited. Prize is not transferable; no substitution or cash equivalent is allowed except by the Sponsor who reserves the right to award prize of equal or greater value if advertised prize (or portion of prize) is unavailable or if there is an inability to deliver the bedroom set based on winner’s residence. Taxes related to the prize are the responsibility of the Grand Prize winner.
7. GENERAL RULES: Normal Internet/phone access and data/usage charges imposed by Entrants’ online/phone service will apply and are Entrants’ sole responsibility. Sponsor is not responsible for any compatibility issues with Entrant’s device/browser used for Entry. Entries become the property of Sponsor upon receipt and will not be acknowledged or returned. Potential Entrants associated with Finalist Entries may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder of the email address assigned by an Internet access provider, online service provider, Internet service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Entries specifying an invalid, non-working, or inactive email address may be disqualified. No information regarding Entries, other than as otherwise set forth in these Official Rules or on the Website, will be disclosed. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, interrupted or unavailable network server or other connection; miscommunications; failed phone or computer or telephone transmissions; technical failure; jumbled, scrambled or misdirected transmissions; late, lost, incomplete, delayed, or misdirected Entries; or other error of any kind whether human, mechanical, or electronic. CAUTION: Any attempt to deliberately damage any web site/device, or undermine the legitimate operations of the Contest, is a violation of the criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such participant to the fullest extent permitted by law and to disqualify such Entrant from the Contest. In the event the Contest is compromised by virus, bug, unauthorized human intervention, or other causes beyond the control of Sponsor that corrupts or impairs the administration, security, fairness, or proper play of the Contest, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to suspend or terminate the Contest and determine the Finalists based on judging criteria listed above from among all eligible Entries received prior to cancellation. Any user who, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, posts profanity, pornography or other objectionable content may be removed by Sponsor and from participating in the Contest. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, misdirected, corrupted, or incomplete Entries. Proof of submission is not proof of receipt by Sponsor. By participating in this Contest, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor. The Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual that tampers or attempts to tamper with the Entry process or the operation of the Contest or website; violates the Official Rules; or acts in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. The Sponsor and each of its respective affiliates, officers, directors, agents, employees, will have no liability or responsibility for any claim arising in connection with participation in this Contest or the prize awarded. Grand Prize winner assumes all liability for any injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused, by participation in this Contest or use or redemption of prize.
8. DISPUTES: The Contest and the Official Rules shall be exclusively governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Georgia, without regard to conflicts of law provisions. Entrants submit to exclusive personal jurisdiction in the State of Georgia and agree that any dispute shall be brought in the state and federal courts in the State of Georgia. Any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred; including costs associated with entering the Contest, but shall not include attorneys’ fees. Entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, and consequential damages and/or any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. If any provision of these Official Rules is deemed to be invalid or unenforceable, in whole or in part, such provision will be deemed to be modified or restricted to the extent and in the manner necessary to render the same valid and enforceable and these Rules will be construed and enforced to the maximum extent permitted by law as if such provision had been originally incorporated herein as so modified or restricted, or as if such provision had not been originally incorporated herein, as the case may be.
10. WINNER LIST: The Grand Prize winner will be posted on the Website on or about December 15, 2020 for a period of at least 30 days.
11. SPONSOR: The Sponsor of the Contest is The Georgia Furniture Mart, at 6694 Dawson Blvd, Norcross, GA.