Why Georgia Furniture Mart?
Georgia Furniture Mart is a fun and exciting, fast-paced furniture store truly unlike any other. Not to mention, we are the fastest growing independent furniture retailer in the industry and the largest furniture store in the Southeast. Georgia Furniture Mart experiences 12,000 customers per month and is the third-highest volume one-store operation in the United States with in-stock merchandise ready to deliver. Working for Georgia Furniture Mart, you will experience tremendous growth and opportunity, and interact each day with a variety of diverse individuals. We foster a fun atmosphere, family environment, and offer an excellent benefits package.
With Georgia Furniture Mart, Living Beautifully extends to every aspect of your life and career. Your ultimate priority is creating a seamless and unique shopping experience that customers cannot find anywhere else. You are passionate about superior customer service from start to finish, self-motivated, and sales focused. You thrive for continuous self-improvement and seek out new opportunities for improvement both personally and professionally. You value building personal connections and trust with your customers and colleagues and treat everyone with the utmost respect.
- Two years or more of experience in a high-paced sales environment
- Strong presentation skills along with effective written and verbal communication skills
- Basic computer knowledge, including email, and ability to perform minor housekeeping duties
- Self-motivated and goal-driven
- Extensive knowledge of the selling process with a proven track record in sales is paramount
- Bilingual English and Spanish is a plus
- One year or more of customer service experience preferred
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Friendly and upbeat personality with excellent customer service skills
- Creative problem-solving abilities
- Ability to work as a team player in a non-competitive, high paced sales environment
- Intermediate math, reading, and writing skills
- Dependable regular attendance and the ability to work a flexible retail schedule, including evenings, weekends and holidays
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain and exceed expected sales goals.
- Connect with the customer in a non-intrusive way while creating trust, displaying product knowledge, and demonstrating superior selling strategies.
- Monitor and report daily operations to the sales manager.
- Perform administrative actions as needed.
- Participate in a meeting each day to outline the day’s objectives, occasionally conduct sales meetings, and motivate team members
- Greet customers the GFM way, with high enthusiasm, high energy, and professionalism.
- Provide the highest possible level of customer service and creating a raving GFM fan.
- Maintain excellent customer service before and after purchase
- Promote specific sales events by contacting customers and obtaining sincere commitments.
- Grow as a true professional each month with educational material provided by your sales and operations manager to meet and exceed your goals.
- Investigate and resolve issues that occur with your customer and purchase by communicating the correct information to customer service.