Why Georgia Furniture Mart?
Georgia Furniture Mart is a fun and exciting, fast-paced furniture store truly unlike any other. Not to mention, we are the fastest growing independent furniture retailer in the industry and the largest furniture store in the Southeast. Georgia Furniture Mart experiences more than 12,000 customers per month and is the third-highest volume one-store operation in the United States with in-stock merchandise ready to deliver. Working for Georgia Furniture Mart, you will experience tremendous growth and opportunity and interact each day with diverse individuals. In addition, we foster a fun atmosphere, family environment and offer an excellent benefits package.
With Georgia Furniture Mart, Living Beautifully extends to every aspect of your life and career. Your ultimate priority is creating a seamless and unique shopping experience that customers cannot find anywhere else. You are passionate about superior customer service from start to finish, self-motivated, and sales-focused. You thrive for continuous self-improvement and seek out new opportunities for growth both personally and professionally. You value building personal connections and trust with your customers and colleagues and treat everyone with the utmost respect.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain and exceed expected sales goals.
- Connect with the customer in a non-intrusive way while creating trust, displaying product knowledge, and demonstrating superior selling strategies.
- Monitor and report daily operations to the sales manager.
- Perform administrative actions as needed.
- Participate in a meeting each day to outline the day’s objectives, occasionally conduct sales meetings, and motivate team members
- Greet customers the GFM way, with high enthusiasm, high energy, and professionalism.
- Provide the highest possible level of customer service and creating a raving GFM fan.
- Maintain excellent customer service before and after purchase
- Promote specific sales events by contacting customers and obtaining sincere commitments.
- Grow as a true professional each month with educational material provided by your sales and operations manager to meet and exceed your goals.
- Investigate and resolve issues that occur with your customer and purchase by communicating the correct information to customer service.
- Two years or more of experience in a high-paced sales environment
- Strong presentation skills along with effective written and verbal communication skills
- Basic computer knowledge, including email, and ability to perform minor housekeeping duties
- Self-motivated and goal-driven
- Extensive knowledge of the selling process with a proven track record in sales is paramount
- Bilingual English and Spanish is a plus
- One year or more of customer service experience preferred
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Friendly and upbeat personality with excellent customer service skills
- Creative problem-solving abilities
- Ability to work as a team player in a non-competitive, high paced sales environment
- Intermediate math, reading, and writing skills
- Dependable regular attendance and the ability to work a flexible retail schedule, including evenings, weekends and holidays
401k with company match, health, vision, life, and dental insurance, employee discounts on furniture and more!
Georgia Furniture Mart is one of the largest and fastest-growing furniture retailers in the South East with a strong reputation in the Metro-Atlanta area. One of the keys to our success is our employees’ professional development throughout their time with us. As a result, we regularly invest in our employees through training, leadership development, and advancement opportunities.
As we continue to expand, Georgia Furniture Mart grows our family with members of different cultures, personalities, and backgrounds and recognizes that our inclusive culture of love and respect is critical to our success. We do not discriminate in hiring based on race, color, gender, national origin, ancestry, religion, physical or mental disability, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy, or any other factor protected by anti-discrimination laws.
One of the best parts of being a local business is the continued involvement and opportunity to give back to our communities. As a company and as employees, GFM regularly engages in various initiatives and relationships such as thanking local heroes, The Boys & Girls Club of Atlanta, The Jeffrey Campbell Evans Foundation, The Atlanta Mission, and more!