Why Georgia Furniture Mart?
Georgia Furniture Mart is a fun and exciting, fast-paced furniture store truly unlike any other. Not to mention, we are the fastest growing independent furniture retailer in the industry and the largest furniture store in the Southeast. We have been in business for nearly 34 years and maintain a level of high ethics with our customers and our employees. Working for Georgia Furniture Mart, you will experience tremendous growth and opportunity, and interact each day with a variety of diverse individuals. We foster a fun atmosphere, family environment, and offer an excellent benefits package.
With Georgia Furniture Mart, Living Beautifully extends to every aspect of your life and career. Your ultimate priority is creating a seamless and unique shopping experience that customers cannot find anywhere else. You are passionate about superior customer service from start to finish, self-motivated, and sales focused. You thrive for continuous self-improvement and seek out new opportunities for improvement both personally and professionally. You value building personal connections and trust with your customers and colleagues and treat everyone with the utmost respect.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- Technical or Trade school certificate in Furniture repair (Preferred).
- Minimum 3 years of Furniture repair experience.
- Ability to work late, weekends, and/or early morning hours based on business needs.
- Frequent standing, walking, talking, using hands to finger, handle or feel, reaching with hands and arms, climbing or balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, and crawling.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Inspect and repair furniture (all categories) to a sellable condition.
- Repairs all product categories including but not limited to: case goods, upholstery, leather, and bedding.
- Upholstery Repairs: Ability to remove and install covering, webbing and padding from all areas of workpiece. Remove and install springs, including retying. Tacks or sews ornamental trim, such as braid and buttons to cover or frame. Operates a sewing machine. Repair wooden frames.
- Case goods: Joinery skills to repair major damage pieces using a variety of clamps. Glass cutting techniques. Remove old finish and apply new finish. Applies plastic putty, wood putty or lacquer stick to surface to fill nicks, depressions, holes and cracks. Ability to operate all hand tools & power tools. Ability to match colors and to simulate wood grain.
- Maintains bench equipment and supplies in shop and/or in vans.
- Maintains all shop related equipment, hand tools, power tools, air tools & repair supplies.
- Reports all safety issues to Manager or Supervisor. Takes an active part in maintaining a safe work environment at all times.
- Keeps chemicals and repair supplies stocked at bench and/or in the repair van. Keeps all hazardous chemicals properly labeled and stored according to government standards.
- Maintains housekeeping in shop area. Some departments maintain service van in clean and safe operating condition and document any problems.
- Compensation is $14-$18/hr based on experience.
How to Apply:
You will be contacted for an interview if your resume and test results are within our guidelines. Make sure your resume has an accurate phone number so you can be reached.
Please, as we are experiencing a high volume of calls for all job postings, please do not call. You will be contacted if you are a fit.