SHIPPING & RECEIVING CLERK
Why Georgia Furniture Mart?
Founded in 1986, the idea behind Georgia Furniture Mart was simple; offer an incredible value on quality furnishings at the absolute lowest prices while providing friendly, expert service that makes the customer feel like family. Now one of the fastest-growing furniture retailers in the country, Georgia Furniture Mart has built a strong reputation providing the Greater Metro Atlanta area with quality home furnishings, bedding, and accessories at a guaranteed lowest price. We are one of the Nation’s top 100 furniture stores and are looking for professionals to help us spread our philosophy of improving lives and making customers feel like family. In addition, we foster a fun atmosphere, family environment and offer an excellent benefits package.
As a shipping and receiving clerk, you will be responsible for the receipt, verification, and recording of product that comes in and goes out of the warehouse. The shipping and receiving clerk will receive, inspect, mark and store merchandise, maintain inventory control, and ensure the product is placed in the proper location in the warehouse. Maintaining orderly storage of merchandise is essential for shipping or receiving stock in a warehouse; therefore, the clerk is part of a team that organizes inventory in storage and manages cross-docking procedures for quickly moving items ahead. Other duties include signing for deliveries received and checking out customer pickups. Connecting with our vendors in a productive, non-intrusive way while creating trust and displaying product knowledge is also critical in this position. This position can be physically demanding due to the handling of merchandise, supplies, and materials. Accurate tracking and documentation are essential responsibilities in addition to assisting in providing periodic inventory audits.
Roles and Responsibilities:
The purpose of this job is to manage the receipt of merchandise, maintaining the integrity of inventory control, and ongoing proactive communication with key personnel regarding new arrivals, inaccuracies, and delivery delays.
- Verify and oversee incoming and outgoing shipments comparing information to verify information against bills of ladings, invoices, sales orders and/or other records.
- Create, assign and receive purchase orders.
- Schedule inbound deliveries.
- Receive merchandise and ensure quantity accuracy.
- Correctly input received merchandise into the computer system and forward proper documentation to accounts payable.
- Maintain orderly filing systems for incoming invoices.
- Create and print product labels and tags.
- Communicate and coordinate with the vendor for manufacturer returns, damaged merchandise and negotiate replacements or credits.
- Maintaining orderly product storage, ensuring accurate labeling, logical placement, neat arrangement, and cleanliness are maintained.
- Maintain stock, order, and inventory records.
- Update receivables by coordinating and monitoring daily sales order processing and bank remittance transactions.
- Assist and complete customer pickup process.
- Assist in answering the telephone, resolving customer service issues, and providing backup to the warehouse.
- Obtain knowledge of vendor information.
- Promote a safe work environment.
- Ability to stand for long periods.
- May require interaction with unpleasant or discourteous people.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required
- Must have intermediate math, reading, and writing skills
- Must have basic computer knowledge, including email
- Ability to perform moderate physical functions such as lifting 50 lbs. or more, climbing ladders, bending, twisting and reaching, and moving large quantities of merchandise with carts, dollies, and hand trucks
- Dependable regular attendance is required
- Positive attitude, cooperative nature, goal-driven, and self-motivated individual
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Must have strong attention to detail, organization skills, be versatile, and able to multitask
- Exhibit spontaneous and creative problem-solving abilities
- Ability to work as a team player in a non-competitive, high paced atmosphere
- This position requires the ability to work a flexible retail schedule which may include evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Two years or more of warehouse receiving experience preferred
- One year or more of customer service experience preferred
- English/ Spanish bilingual is a plus
$15.00 per hour
401k with company match, health, vision, life, and dental insurance, employee discounts on furniture and more!
Georgia Furniture Mart is one of the largest and fastest-growing furniture retailers in the South East with a strong reputation in the Metro-Atlanta area. One of the keys to our success is our employees’ professional development throughout their time with us. As a result, we regularly invest in our employees through training, leadership development, and advancement opportunities.
As we continue to expand, Georgia Furniture Mart grows our family with members of different cultures, personalities, and backgrounds and recognizes that our inclusive culture of love and respect is critical to our success. We do not discriminate in hiring based on race, color, gender, national origin, ancestry, religion, physical or mental disability, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy, or any other factor protected by anti-discrimination laws.
One of the best parts of being a local business is the continued involvement and opportunity to give back to our communities. As a company and as employees, GFM regularly engages in various initiatives and relationships such as thanking local heroes, The Boys & Girls Club of Atlanta, The Jeffrey Campbell Evans Foundation, The Atlanta Mission, and more!