Why Georgia Furniture Mart?
Georgia Furniture Mart is a fun and exciting, fast-paced furniture store truly unlike any other. Not to mention, we are the fastest growing independent furniture retailer in the industry and the largest furniture store in the Southeast. Georgia Furniture Mart experiences 12,000 customers per month and is the third-highest volume one-store operation in the United States with in-stock merchandise ready to deliver. Working for Georgia Furniture Mart, you will experience tremendous growth and opportunity, and interact each day with a variety of diverse individuals. We foster a fun atmosphere, family environment, and offer an excellent benefits package.
With Georgia Furniture Mart, Living Beautifully extends to every aspect of your life and career. Your ultimate priority is creating a seamless and unique shopping experience that customers cannot find anywhere else. You are passionate about superior customer service from start to finish, self-motivated, and sales focused. You thrive for continuous self-improvement and seek out new opportunities for improvement both personally and professionally. You value building personal connections and trust with your customers and colleagues and treat everyone with the utmost respect.
- High school diploma or equivalent is desired.
Duties and Responsibilities:
We are currently in need of full-time, strong, young, motivated individuals who can successfully perform the following duties:
- Stage and accurately prep merchandise for deliveries.
- Correctly tag & identify merchandise.
- Assemble merchandise correctly and efficiently to sustain the highest level of quality.
- Work well in a fast-paced environment & communicate effectively with others.
- Perform tasks at hand in an efficient, smart, and productive manner.
- Requires the ability to stand, walk, stoop, & bend for 8 hours or more each day.
- Operate a hand-held RF Scanner to maintain inventory accuracy.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment.
- Regularly lift at least 75 pounds and handle up to 250 pounds frequently.
- Manually manipulate furniture and merchandise to and from trucks, racks, and forklifts.
- Ensure paperwork accuracy for outbound deliveries.
- Must be able to pass a drug test & criminal background check.
- Must be able to work the required shift which can include but is not limited to evenings, weekends, and holidays.