Searching for a job in a fast-paced and exciting environment? Looking for personal and career growth within a culture of love and respect? In business for 35 years and the fastest-growing furniture retailer in Georgia, GFM could be the perfect fit for you! Don’t settle for less; join Georgia Furniture Mart in providing the highest quality home furnishings at unbeatable prices as we continue to grow.
A Warehouse Associate role at GFM offers paid training, an unmatched company culture, and unlimited possibilities for growth and leadership.
Benefits include: $15/Hour Pay, 401k with company match, health, life, vision, and dental insurance, employee discounts on furniture, and more!
What you’ll do:
- Pull and process orders accurately and productively
- Prep merchandise for delivery
- Restock incoming items
- Check all incoming and outgoing orders for accuracy
- Operate a forklift
- Keep neat and orderly records of all incoming and outgoing orders
- Provide quality service by following organization standards
- Complete reports by entering the required information
- Count and confirm inventory
- Inspect inventory for damage and faults
- Communicate errors to relevant parties
- Mark and label stock
- Store inventory in an accessible manner
What we’re looking for:
- Dependable and punctual
- Team player with a drive to succeed and ensure the success of the team
- Capacity to learn and desire to grow
- Orderly and organized
- Attention to detail and safety measures
- Dependable communication skills
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Valid driver’s license
- Basic computer skills for maintaining inventory logs and databases
- Completion of a background check and drug screening
- Strong people skills
- Flexibility of work hours (not limited to evenings, weekdays, and holidays)
- Solid work history demonstrating reliability, warehouse experience is a plus
- Forklift certification and/or experience is a plus!
Career growth: Georgia Furniture Mart is one of the largest and fastest-growing furniture retailers in the South East with a strong reputation in the Metro-Atlanta area. One of the keys to our success is our employees’ professional development throughout their time with us. We regularly invest in our warehouse associates through training, leadership development, and advancement opportunities.
Diversity: As we continue to expand, Georgia Furniture Mart grows our family with members of different cultures, personalities, and backgrounds and recognizes that our inclusive culture of love and respect is critical to our success. We do not discriminate in hiring based on race, color, gender, national origin, ancestry, religion, physical or mental disability, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy, or any other factor protected by anti-discrimination laws.
Philanthropy: One of the best parts of being a local business is the continued involvement and opportunity to give back to our communities. As a company and as employees, GFM regularly engages in various initiatives and relationships such as thanking local heroes, The Boys & Girls Club of Atlanta, The Jeffrey Campbell Evans Foundation, The Atlanta Mission, and more!